Orr & Boss was retained by a global, paint and coatings manufacturer
to assist the company in developing a product offering – from product
inception to commercialization. Orr & Boss'
assignment was to identify unmet
needs in the DIY home improvement marketplace, provide input into
product development based upon market research, develop the value
proposition for the product, identify the best route to market and
channel partners, and assist in the successful launching of the
Over a two year period, Orr & Boss (1) conducted market
analyses including intensive interviews with customers and potential
channel partners to identify market needs, (2) translated this into a
basis for a new product offering, (3) developed a market entry
strategy, (4) identified the best channel partners, and (5) assisted in
developing the infrastructure and logistics program to support rapid
growth of the product.
- In-depth Voice of the Customer research identified an
important unmet need.
- Analysis supported a business case for market entry and a
detailed market entry strategy was developed.
- The company was able to develop a successful relationship
with the preferred target customer, a major national home center.
- Short-term revenue and profit goals have been met.
- Long-term growth and profit goals are tracking well against